Thursday, April 25, 2013

RHOA's Apollo Nida Exclusive

Bravo’s the Real Housewives of Atlanta is by far one of the most talked about Reality TV series on the tube. From the ever surmounting drama to the challenging issues each coupled has faced this season- this show is undeniably a hit. I am totally a fan of the show but what intrigues me even more… are the strong men behind these glamorous women.

I sat down with Apollo Nida, the husband of savvy businesswoman, Phaedra Parks. On the show Apollo is cool and calm but don’t get it twisted because when necessary… he has no problem with telling you how he feels.
We got a good glimpse of Apollo expressing himself this season when he and Phaedra consulted with former Miss U.S.A- Kenya Moore. As we all know Kenya listened to the couple’s idea of creating a workout video. She then went and secured a distribution deal for the concept, and when they didn’t agree on giving her 10% of all proceeds- she stole their idea.


Apollo called Kenya, “A bitter.” And from there the conversation became even more heated. The three part Reunion show is complete and we have learned a lot about the cast and how they feel about each other. Kenya started in on Phaedra in the first part by dubbing her with the nickname, “Shady Pha-Pha.” Earlier in the season Phaedra said you can’t turn a whore into a house wife- that’s her statement and she stuck to it during the reunion.

Kenya also accused Apollo of sending her inappropriate text messages. Andy Cohen dismissed this claim when he viewed Kenya’s phone and saw that the messages were not inappropriate.

I got a first-hand opportunity to ask him about all the drama. While talking to him he dispelled many misconceptions and made his undying love for his wife and children… crystal clear.
See what Apollo had to say below:

On Apollo the man: “I try to stay humble, high spirited, and focused. I try not to get distracted by the negativity that comes with the territory.”

On his reaction to him and Phaedra splitting rumors: “I don’t know where that came from. When we found out we were at Peter’s spot and I was like I don’t know where that came from. We’re progressing, and we’re having another baby.”

On spending time in prison: "I gained a sense of awareness. Prior to prison I knew myself but I really didn’t. When you’re confined it brings out a whole other animal in you. Its preservation, you’re grasping at anything. But for me it was more so spirituality. I studied three different religions- Islam, Buddhism, and Christianity. I think being grounded spiritually will get you through any situation."

On what he wants his legacy to be: “Just that I overcame the odds and many, many obstacles and became a good man and a good person.  At the end of the day I want to be a good man, father, and husband. I want to be the father I didn’t have. I want to also be that role model for young individuals or even grown men. So when I pass I want people to know I was a good man and a good person. I really overcame and worked hard to combat all of the negative things people said about me. People say you don’t have anything to prove but Apollo Nida had something to prove to the world. I have something to prove to myself.”

Click here for the full interview
What do you think about Apollo and the RHOA Drama?

No comments:

Post a Comment