Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Chris Brown Speaks Freely on The Today Show

 
Chris Brown appeared on the Today Show to promote his new video- New China and talk about several other controversial issues. He shared his inspiration for his new album, citing Quincy Jones as a heavy influence and bringing together various producers to achieve the quality. It seems that he has hired a new PR team and may actually be taking their advice for a change.
As we all know the last time Chris visited a TV morning show, he shattered a window after being asked about his domestic violence incident with Rihanna. Matt Lauer asked the same question but this time Chris seemed very mild mannered, happy, and mature as he calmly answered- let's face it everybody wants to know.
Chris was a total professional on the show and he showed everyone exactly what we've been waiting to see- a CHANGED man! He verbalized his part in the ordeal with Rihanna and explained how he's moving forward.
When reminded of his recent altercations with rapper Drake and R&B artist Frank Ocean he maintained his composer and admitted that he is continuing to learn and that he hopes to inspire people. Matt also stated that he's claimed to be a changed man in the past, Chris offered that he can't focus on what people say but his focus is on himself, his friends and his family.
See details of the interview and what Chris had to say about “laying the pipe” with Angie Martinez’s below:
On Being a Changed Man
I’ve been humbled by the whole experience. From me losing everything, you know, to me having to regain public opinion or whatever it is — but most importantly,  knowing that what I did was totally wrong and having to kind of deal with myself and kind of forgive myself in the same breath and being able to apologize to, Rihanna and be that man that can be a man, you know?
On People Who May Think He’s Just Doing This to Sell Records
I think everybody is entitled to their opinion. For me, it’s just a learning process. You know, I have to just take it one day at a time. I can’t make everybody like me. I think for my album as far as what I’m promoting, the single or whatever, it’s just about me being positive. Whatever I’m doing with my music is to inspire the world and inspire people that have been in my situation or even anybody who’s trying to learn from it.”
On His Relationship With Rihanna
“We’re fine. I think in the actual interview they tried to depict that [we broke up]. I think they [got that] from an interview from like a year ago. Yeah, we’re fine.”
“I think it’s just me proving myself once again. Knowing that what I did was wrong, and never doing it again. So as far as me and (Rihanna) are concerned, she knows my heart, and I know her heart. So I’m not really focused on the negative. Everything about it is positive for me. I did my 52 weeks of counseling and learned that it was absolutely wrong. It was counseling, a 52 week program. Every Monday in Virginia. I remember going and just sitting in there [thinking], ‘Why did I do what I did?’ And really wanting to just get help.
Chris also interviewed with The Angie Martinez Show. During this interview he discussed his past relationship with Karrueche Tran, the highly talked about Law & Order SVU episode inspired by his relationship with Rihanna and why he refused interview with Oprah Winfrey.
On why he was so open and honest about loving two girls at the same time
I wanted to be more of a man. Me being young, even with relationships in the past, I did a lot of lying, I did everything just to make sure nobody gets hurt in the process. I just don’t feel it’s necessary anymore in my life. Nobody can hate me for being honest. I had to just be brutal. I told both of them that the video was coming out. It’s never an easy situation to tell another person that you still love another person, so that’s kinda difficult. But our friendship, me and Karrueche’s friendship, is still cool. We’re still good friends.
On his beef with Drake
Me and him don’t see eye to eye. We are never going to see eye to eye, so you go your way, I’ma go mine.
On whether Rihanna has beef with Drake
I don’t really try to talk about him when I’m around [Rihanna]. I just lay the pipe.
On his beef with Frank Ocean
I think it’s a lot of strategies people try to use when they’re up for awards. It’s a sympathy role. I don’t have to go that route. I just do my music, do my thing. For him, it’s whatever. Love your music, bro. Have fun.
On his thoughts on the Law & Order episode inspired by his relationship with Rihanna
I didn’t even watch it because I feel like it was ignorance. I feel like they were reaching. It’s four years later, you want to bring ratings and boost up a story.
On why he turned down an interview with Oprah
I’ve been invited [but] I just say no at this point. I’ll go to people that I’m comfortable with. I never wanna be in a situation where I feel like I’m attacked or I’m gonna be trapped. I think I’m paying for whatever I’ve done and I’ve learnt from it and I’m moving forward, so I only want to surround myself with the people that are about positivity.
On how he would like to be remembered
I want to be a legend. I think my [overall goal] now is just to make my mark in the game as just an established artist and just a real artist and a culture ambassador. I feel like I’m just getting successful. I think the hard part is over. I went through the obstacles that God kinda made me go through so I could be humble.
See the interview below:


No comments:

Post a Comment