Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mary J. Blige singing about chicken wraps???



The commercial featuring the soulful songstress aired online yesterday. Blige's participation is part of BK's rebranding efforts. Celebrity centered commercials featuring Jay Leno, Salma Hayek, David Beckham and Blige all appeared online yesterday. The commercials of the afore mentioned remain on BK's official YouTube channel yet Blige's has been removed.

The unexpected backlash came from people all over who took to twitter and facebook to express their disappointment with the singers choice to be apart of the ridiculous shenannigan. She is seen in the commercial standing on top of a table singing "Crispy chicken, fresh lettuce, three cheeses, ranch dressing wrapped up in a tasty...flour...tortilla."

I must admit that when I saw it I had to clutch my pearls. I couldn't believe she took part in such a poor attempt to get black people to buy Mo Chicken...teeheehee... And to think I thought Ms. Mary was classsy, NOT!!! I hope that she was trying to take a diversified approach instead of being like many other stars and searching for a much needed paycheck regardless of the consequences!!!

The reported payday for this project was $2 million. If this is true where do I sign up??? Because for $2 million honey I will eat one of those chicken wraps wearing a holter, and a red sequence thong while lying on that table...WHO???...ME...teeheehee...

When our sources reached out to Burger King we were told that "The Mary J. Blige advertisement has been pulled due to a licensing issue. BURGER KING® expects to have the Blige ads back on air soon."

Personally I believe Ms. Mary was embarrassed as hell and told BK to take that shit down!!! She may have made a mistake but she aint no fool, she knew that it was a HOTT MESS and needed to be removed!!! I guess you really can have it your way at Burger King...lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment